Tuesday, September 16, 2008

hospital update

Elise is more responsive now and has calmed down a bit.
She went into something similar to a gran mal seizure and didn't come out of it for a couple hours. She could barely speak at all.
After they gave her some anti-seizure she has mellowed out and is speaking again. Something has happened and we don't know what.
Waiting is one of the hardest parts of this hospital game.
I just heard that we will transfer down to the UW, still a mystery, she is supposed to be better.


Anonymous said...

Suanne, Elise's Mom here again. Since Elise is no longer seizuring and the CT scan showed that her brain condition was stable, they are going to send her home. Cameron's gone to get the van so he can transport Elise while I'm still with her at the ER. She's still pretty groggy and I expect we'll be going to the UW Med Center tomorrow for an unscheduled MRI ... so, hopefully, they can figure out what's going on. It's not making sense that she's getting worse when Thursday's MRI showed tumor shrinkage. Suanne (Elise's Mom)

Anonymous said...

This is Elise's Mom. We all got back to Elise and Cameron's about 7:30 this morning ... very tired. After getting Jasper from the neighbors (thanks Patrick & Wendy), we took a nap. When Elise woke up, she started having signs of a siezure again ... we called UW neuro-oncology and they had her take more/different meds and they did the trick. Elise is napping again. We're still waiting to hear if she's going in for an MRI today. Suanne (Elise's Mom)