Tuesday, September 16, 2008


So Elise was admitted overnight so they can do a MRI in the morning to figure out exactly why she is having such severe seizure issues.
She is back to talking again but is still struggling to get out words.
Post again tomorrow when we find out more.


Anita said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you Elise and your family. I hope the Dr.'s figure out what is going on and can get/help you in the way you need it. Take care and God Bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Update from Suanne, Elise's Mom: The hospital didn't get the MRI done this morning, the siezuring is still not in complete control, and Elise is having a hard time swallowing. So, no food or drink, and all meds are now by IV. Unfortunately, it looks like she'll spend another night in the hospital ... she really wants to be home. Cameron spent the night with her last night, and I'll spend the night with her tonight. This afternoon Grampa will be bringing Jasper to the hospital to see Mama and for Daddy to take him home.

It is kind of odd feeling being back at the UW Medical Center. Very familiar ... re-aquainting with hospital staff friends. Yet, it's very hard to have Elise in need of their services again. It's nice to have others do the day-in-day-out caretaker work and that she doesn't need to travel to get medical care. But, being home would be so much better. The plan now is that she'll come home tomorrow after the docs get her on the right dosage of anti-seizure meds and after her Avastin infusion.

Matt Galvin said...

We are all thinking of you, Elise. Please let me know if there is anything we can do. Matt Galvin

Lisa said...

I am praying for you and your family Elise....please let me know if there is anything I can do. xoxo

***SZ*** said...

I'm thinking of you all right now and will be sending ALL positive vibes your way! I hope they figure out just what is going on and are able to alleviate the seizures.


Suanne said...

Another update from Suanne, Elise's Mom: The MRI results do not show any additional tumor growth, but it did show additional edema (swelling caused by the tumor). Elise's seizures have stopped since last night and she had a good night's rest. Right now we're waiting for her medical team to come in to the hospital room and let us know Elise's next steps. But, I'm still expecting to go home today, as well as do the Avastin infusion.